3 Min Read
The Compuquip Cybersecurity team is a group of dedicated and talented professionals who work hard to protect our customers’ businesses against cybersecurity threats. Our company is a family-owned and operated business that values hard work and rewards results. We especially pride ourselves on treating our people like a close-knit family rather than mere assets. With Compuquip, we know that our employees are the secret to our success, and we treat them accordingly.
In addition to generous benefits packages that include competitive salaries, full healthcare coverage, 25% 401(k) matching, company-sponsored training, and a formal career path development program, we offer the chance to be part of a family that works together to achieve more. Every quarter, we offer team-building and bonding events, such as taking self-defense classes or just going to the golf course to play a few holes.
We are currently on the lookout for talented up-and-comers to join the Compuquip family. We’re especially interested in experienced professionals who have a passion for helping customers protect their businesses against modern security threats to fill our senior security engineer openings.
In particular, we’re looking for people who can work directly with customers to help them resolve their cybersecurity challenges by developing custom security plans based on each customer’s individual needs.
Strong technical skills are, of course, a must—but, strong people skills are just as important for this position. Experience actually working directly with customers and/or executives is a major plus, because a large part of the job will be working with people!
If you have a “can-do” attitude and a desire to help people overcome their cybersecurity challenges, read on…
What a Compuquip Senior Engineer Does
Some of the basic job responsibilities of a senior security engineer at Compuquip include (but may not necessarily be limited to):
- Working directly with customers to deliver a wide range of cybersecurity products and complete a variety of security projects based on each customer’s needs.
- Acting as an extension of a customer’s security team by learning their unique requirements and security architectures to deliver top-notch security solutions that address their needs.
- Working independently with minimal supervision while managing a flexible schedule that may change in order to best fit a customer’s needs.
- Collaborating with other engineers and with the sales team to support the implementation of Compuquip’s services and solutions while adhering to our high standards and best practices.
- Assisting the sales team pre-sale by working on proof of concepts and helping pick out cybersecurity solutions that best address the needs and challenges of prospective customers.
- Leveraging knowledge of business processes, IT control frameworks (such as SOX, PCI, etc.), and market trends to help customers.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge by undergoing continuous education.
- Building and nurture strong client relationships while providing customers with consultative services that help them learn and overcome their security challenges.
- Creating detailed, yet easy-to-understand documentation relating to customers’ security solution implementations/deployments.
- Performing knowledge transfers and train clients regarding their security and system configurations.
- Completing certification and training programs/exams as required for Compuquip-supported solutions.
The above is a lot, which is why we’re looking for dedicated people who are willing to not only work directly with customers, but to keep on learning. We want people who can grow and aren’t afraid of a challenge.
Wondering whether a career at Compuquip as a senior security engineer is right for you? Before you apply, here are the requirements that we have to insist on for a senior-level security engineer position:
- Prior experience working on high-pace cybersecurity teams in enterprise environments.
- Advanced experience working with common network security technologies like IPS, firewalls, proxies, and content filtering.
- Experience working with and integrating products into SIEM monitor tools.
- Advanced understanding of vulnerability management programs and solutions, including remediation techniques and technologies.
- Experience in developing network security architectures for on-premi and cloud-based environments, including the creation of detailed network diagrams and configuration documentation.
- Prior hands-on working experience with Check Point products and services.
- Wondering how you can make yourself stand out from the competition? Here are a few optional skills that we like our senior security engineer applicants to have, but aren’t necessary:
- SANS training and certifications in Incident Response or Penetration testing.
- Check Point certifications.
- CISSP or other industry recognized certifications.
Are you ready for a challenging career in helping enterprise businesses conquer their cybersecurity challenges? Apply for a position as a Senior Security Engineer today by clicking on the button below!